Android learning has become easier nowadays. The idea of coding for a platform has reached a point where any person can learning by using online resources. I recently decided to learn android mobile development myself. Having a reasonable amount of knowledge in iOS development. The first thing I was able to understand is that, you wont find all the information in one place.
So, i jotted down the topics and concepts that I should definitely learn under Android development. So, here I have listed the topics and from where you can find the tutorials about that specific topic.
Useful sources online for Android learning
The first and foremost thing that you should do is to set up the Android Studio or similar Integrated Development Environment. The guide from JavaWorld is very easy to understand and implement. Also, you can use either Android Studio or Eclipse for the development.
See Also: Most popular social media apps of 2017
The following are the topics are crucial for Android App Development:
- Learning any language or platform requires thorough understanding of the Lifecycle process. Android’s official website documentation has a clear explanation on this.
- Learn how to use contexts in your android app here.
- Shared Preferences
- RecyclerView is a flexible view for providing a limited window into a large data set.
- A Fragment represents a behavior or a portion of user interface in an Activity.
- ViewPager is one major UI Component.
- Dialogs are very important in Android Development. Example of Dialog is alert box, confirm box.
- Memory management is crucial in any type of development. Read about all of threading in here.
- Right from the day Android Development started sprouting, developers have taken specific interest in building libraries with features, components that are not part of stock android. Third party libraries will be very helpful when you want to implement something that is not part of stock android libraries.
- Background app activity is the part of development that carries out smooth operations behind the screens.
- Local Data Storage is imminent in storing your app data locally on the android. device. SQLite, SharedPreferences, File System are very important concepts to understand and implement.
- Every android device packs with a number of sensors to track motion and other data. Learn how to make the best use of these sensors.
Notifications are very important part of our daily life. Learn how to use them in your own apps.
- Content Provider Basics.
- Creating Custom Annotations in Android
Do you want to add some more to this topic? Please feel free to share it in the comments section.